Surabaya City Tour & Explore Mount Bromo and Madakaripura waterfall start from Jakarta
This Open Trip Event will take Jakarta (Pasar Senen Train Station) as starting point. All participant will be departed to Surabaya by train economic class – Kertajaya. The trip from Jakarta to Surabaya will takes approximately 13-14 hours, start from Pasar Senen – Jakarta Train Station at 2 pm and we will arrive at Pasar Turi Surabaya Train Station next day at 03.30 am.
- Surabaya City Tour
- Heroes Monument – Heroes Museum
- House of Sampoerna – Cigarette Museum
- Kenjeran Park (Optional if we have enough time)
- Explore Mount Bromo
- Explore Madakaripura Waterfall
Surabaya is the second largest city of Indonesia and administrative center of the East Java province. Surabaya represent Indonesia in terms of progress and modernity with many public facilities are available there, as well as representing the struggle of the people in the circle of Indonesian history, therefore, has a label City of Heroes.
There are many interesting tour destinations we can visit around Surabaya city are; Submarine Monument, Heroes Monument and Heroes Museum, House of Sampoerna, Suramadu Bridge, Kenjeran Park, Arab quarter – Traditional Arab village and off course shopping center.
Mount Bromo located in the area of National Park Bromo Tengger Semeru which is extended arround four cities in East Java Province, those are Probolinggo, Malang, Pasuruan and Lumajang. To reach Mt. Bromo you can take overland from Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang, and then you can hire Jeep Hardtop to go to Penanjakan and explore seas of sand and the crater of Mount Bromo. This mount was popular with very-very beautiful sunrise view, usually tourist must climb early morning to the top of mount to enjoy the beautiful moment of sunrise between mount and active crater of Bromo, the perfect place to enjoy sunrise is in the Penanjakan. If you’re lucky, when you get down of the mount, you can see rainbow extended above seas of sand between cliffs which is surround those area. In addition to enjoy the sunrise moment from Penanjakan, you can also enjoy the landscape of National Park Bromo Tengger Semeru, Mt. Batok and Mt. Semeru, seas of land and the wide caldera and the hill of Teletubbies and “Pure Poten” which is located at central of seas of sand, this place usually used for religious ceremonies by the people of Tengger.
Not too far from the slopes of Bromo, there Madakaripura historic Falls, this is the hermitage Gajahmada, the great prime minister of Majapahit kingom. Madakaripura Waterfalls can be reached about 45 minutes from Bromo. When we got to the main gate of the waterfalls, we had to walk about 20 minutes to reach the locations, I think this is the tallest waterfall in East Java or even in Indonesia. I suggest you to use mountain shoes, because the area of Waterfall are wet and slippery. On the way to the waterfalls you can see the moss covered rock wall, this happens because of wind gusts that contain water with high levels caused sparks Waterfalls
- Participation cost for every single person is IDR 740.000,- Not include train tickets for economic class (Kertajaya) Jakarta – Surabaya (PP) and tickets administration for total IDR. 125.000,-
- Deposit by 50% of total payment (IDR 370.000) for every single persons must be paid upon reservation of participation.
Day 1 – On the way to Surabaya by Train
13.00-14.00: On 1 pm all participants has to be at Meeting point (Pasar Senen Jakarta train station) for briefing, then change the coupon for train tickets, next boarding for train departure.
14.00-00.00: The train (Kertajaya) will depart from Pasar Senen Jakarta train station to Pasar Turi Surabaya train station, this will takes approximately 13-14 hours.
Day 2 – Surabaya City Tour and Madakaripura waterfall (B|L|D)
03.30-04.00: We will arrive at Pasar Turi Surabaya train station, break for moment while waiting the car for Surabaya city tour program.
07.00-11.00: On Surabaya city tour program, we will visit 2 of most interesting tour destinations inside Surabaya city are; Heroes Monument and Heroes Museum, House of Sampoerna – Cigarette Museum, if we have enough time, we can visit Kenjeran park.
11.00-15.00: We will leave Surabaya heading toward the slope of Mt. Bromo via Probolinggo, this will take approximately 3-4 hours, we will have lunch on the way to spot.
15.00-17.00: Upon arrival at the slope of Mt. Bromo, we will stop at Madakaripura waterfall, one of the most highest waterfall in Java or maybe in Indonesia. According to the history, this waterfall was used for meditation place by the prime minister of the Majapahit kingdom – Gajahmada.
17.00-17.30: Trip to hotel at the foot of Mt. Bromo, then check in and rest.
18.00-19.00: Free activities.
19.00-20.00: Dinner at the nearest local restaurant.
20.00-00.00: Free activities, recommended for rest.
Day 3 – Explore Mount Bromo (B)
02.00-02.30: On 2 am, you’ll be woke up and prepare for explore Bromo.
02.30-03.30: Hardtop will pick up us from hotel, next we will drive to Penanjakan to enjoy the spectacular sunrise of Bromo. After one hour trip, we will arrive at Penanjakan.
03.30-06.00: Enjoy the amazing sunrise of Mt. Bromo from Penanjakan, in addition to the sunrise we also can enjoy the broad expanse of Sea of Sands and the layered mountain of Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park.
06.30-08.00: Next we will get down from Penanjakan and visit the vast savanna of Bromo, people usually call this savanna by Teletubbies hill.
08.00-10.00: Back to hotel, breakfast and free.
10.00-14.00: Check out from the hotel and Back to Surabaya, the train from Pasar Turi Surabaya train station to Pasar Senen Jakarta train station will depart at 3 pm.
15.00-00.00: Back to Jakarta by train economic class.
Day 4 – Back to Jakarta
03.00-04.00: We will arrive at Pasar Senen Jakarta train station, and end entire trip event program.
Trip cost as mentioned on the Reservation form.
Additional Price for Non Indonesian Citizen IDR. 75.000
Meeting point at Pasar Senen Train Station Jakarta
Contact Person via Call and SMS :
Misbahul Munir +6281331641615
- Tour Guide during the trip
- Transportation during the trip.
- Meals for 4 times according to the itinerary
- All entrance fee and admission.
- Local porter in Madakaripura waterfall
- Hardtop to explore Bromo
- Hotel for one night in the foot of Mt. Bromo (Sangdimur Hotel)
- Reservation is required at the latest 2 weeks prior to the date of departure.
- Meeting point at Pasar Senen – Jakarta train station on 1 pm. Please don’t be late!
- Train tickets is not include in trip cost. KELILING NUSANTARA can help you to find the ticket. We use www.tiket.com to find train tickets.
- Train ticket price from Jakarta to Surabaya for one way is IDR 55.000,-. If you’ll book your tickets via www.tiket.com, you’ll be charged additionally for administration IDR 7.500 per trip per person. Total amount of ticket prices and administration charge is IDR 125.000,-
- For every participant those who want to depute the purchase of train ticket must apply Identity Card code on the reservation form.
- For every participant those who want to start the trip from Surabaya, will be not charged for train tickets cost, but they must meet other trip participant at Pasar Turi Surabaya train station.
- One hotel room for 3 persons.
- Reservation of this trip must pay deposit (DP) 50% of total payment.
- Deposit paid by participant will be considered forfeited if participant cancels its participation.
- Minimum quota of departure is 10 participants, and maximum quota is 22 persons. If until the date of departure minimum quote is not met, this trip will be cancelled or can be departed with cost adjustment.
- Warm Clothes include jackets, gloves and we recommend to use shoes.
- Raincoat is recommended.
- Torchlight or flashlight.
- Personal Medicine
- Identity Cards