- On Rabu April 16th, 2014
- In Surf Tour Surfing News
- Tags Tag: belajar surfing di jakarta, cimaja point - pelabuhan ratu, cimaja surf spots, cimaja surf tour, explore sawarna, explore ujung genteng, ombak 7 ujung genteng, pelabuhan ratu surf spot, sawarna surf spots, sawarna surf tour, surf camp cimaja, surf for kids, surfing di jawa barat, surfing in bandung, surfing in jakarta, surfing lesson bandung, surfing lesson cimaja, surfing lesson jakarta, surfing pelabuhan ratu, surfing west java, turtles point ujung genteng, turtles surf tour, ujung genteng surf spots, ujung genteng surf tour, west java surf, west java surf spots, west java surf tour
West Java Surf Spots Cimaja – Pelabuhan Ratu, Turtles – Ujung Genteng and Sawarna
West Java Surf Spots Cimaja – Pelabuhan Ratu, Turtles – Ujung Genteng and Sawarna
Indonesia is the largest archipelagos country in the world consists of 13.466 islands with total population reach 260 million most of them are Muslims, this makes Indonesia as the 4th largest population in the world with the largest Muslims population.
Although most of its population are Muslims, in the fact Indonesia is consist of hundreds of tribes scattered throughout the islands.
Ethnic diversity, cultures, and languages become a blessing to the nation of Indonesia to face a challenge of globalization.
Pelabuhan Ratu is located in the southern part of West Java, precisely in Sukabumi District, the region directly opposite the southern coast of Java or the Indian Ocean, a fertile agricultural region combined with fishing villages.
The majority of the population are Sundanese, so they call themselves, their language and birth of land, but as a popular tourist destination, in this area there are many temporary migrants who stay for a vacation.
Pelabuhan Ratu is easily accessible from Jakarta or Bandung, one of his regular public transport are buses departing from Jakarta or Bogor, about 6-7 hours from Jakarta, 3-4 hours from Bogor according to the traffic density conditions. If using a private vehicle, you can save at least an hour faster.
We strongly recommend you to use the services of chartered vehicles from Jakarta or Bandung to help you bring surfing gears that would be very inconvenient if you are using a public bus.
Among the many surf spots in West Java, Pelabuhan Ratu has a much more complete accommodation compared to other places, with diverse variations hotel with relatively cheap rates, you can select them according to your budget.
The combination of surf spots around, the accommodations were adequate and easily accessible location, making Pelabuhan Ratu favorite surfing destination for tourists and expatriates those are living in Jakarta or Bandung.
Season and Weather
Pelabuhan Ratu and surrounding areas, as most of the Indonesian region has two main seasons, the first dry season usually lasts from October to May and the rest of December to April is the rainy season, rainfall is quite heavy usually occurs in the afternoon, sometimes in the morning days, but in January to February rains can last all day.
The SE Trade winds typically last between 11 am to 4 pm, so the best time to surf is in the morning or in the afternoon.
Temperatures in the dry season ranged between 230C at night – 340C in the midday, while in the rainy season ranged between 270C – 300C with high humidity levels.
Surfing in Cimaja – Pelabuhan Ratu
Nowadays Cimaja – Pelabuhan Ratu is a popular surfing destination in the world, and is one of the best contributors to Indonesian surfing athletes, in addition to easy accessibility, this region is also growing rapidly in terms of infrastructure, is what makes this area a favorite, other than the fact that he consistently produce waves reaching an average of 5-7 ft, in his best season Cimaja waves can reach 10-12 ft.
Cimaja can be reached by walk from the main road about 300 meters past the rice fields and coconut trees.
- Indicator Point: It has a shallow coral bottom, which works well with heavy swell 7 ft + and a high tide. It’s a long wall with a constant tube that shuts down after a 150 – 200 m down the line drive. If you want a speedy workable wave you’ll find it here when the conditions are right.
- Karang Papak: This is a surf spot a fun wave, which is good when Cimaja and Indicators are crowded or closing out and good when small swell coming and the tide is high tide.
- Karang Hawu: About 15 minutes drive to the west of Cimaja, has both of waves directions, good for beginner surfer, this beach also haves Surf School (Indonesia Surfing Republic)
- Karang Aji: It is a clean wave, which wraps around a large rock, then goes between two large rocks about 60+ m apart this wave can give fun rides up to 100 m.
- Cikembang: Is an everchanging sand and rock bottom righthander. When the big swell from S or SW come, so it will be good for this place, which will hit the outskirts of the reef from the reef point to the end shore break at the beach until about 150m long. The waves here are mellow and the power is not so strong, it’s very good and suitable for longboarder and beginner surfer, but do not rule out the possibility for the experienced surfer to ride this waves or the place next door it is the Cikembang indicator. The car is very hard to get close to the point (except if we bring a high car). Usually, we walk down from the car park to the spot and it will take about 20 minutes.
- Noname Secret point: The Secret Point “Noname” This reef break about 80m long bareling left-hander and not allow without local surf guide this is the special spot for local surfers, the blue clear water, and white sandy beaches one of the favorite spots which is only reached by boat to this spot. This is the spot that the local surfer escape from the crow, have to be careful when it’s low tide. Intermediate to advance surfer.
Surfing in Sawarna
Sawarna is a rural area with lots of rice farmland cultivated by local inhabitants, administratively entered the area of Banten province, located approximately 1.5 hours drive to the west of Pelabuhan Ratu.
As the bigname popularity as a surfing destination, Sawarna also become one of the favorite tourist destinations, beautiful beaches cannot be doubted, combining natural shades of green and the beaches are clean and beautiful.
Accommodation can also easily be found in the region with a very affordable price, as a surfing destination, Sawarna has a reputation that can not be doubted.
He has a solid wave with heights reaching 10ft. If Cimaja was not fun because the waves are small, so you can move to Sawarna which have a more consistent and stable wave.
Surfing in Ujung Genteng
Ujung Genteng is approximately 2-3 hours drive from Pelabuhan Ratu eastwards, he was still part of Sukabumi, this region also has developed the infrastructure, we can easily find accommodation with a variety of diverse rates and facilities.
Lately, Ujung Genteng is also become a favorite tourist destination for domestic and international tourists because of its beautiful beaches. His reputation as a surfing destination no doubt, he has a pretty popular surf spot, among others:
Ombak Tujuh – O7
Ombak Tujuh O7 Surf spot Ombak Tujuh translates as Seven Waves and is definitely the big wave surf spot, capable of holding swells up to 20ft (7m). The coral ledge protrudes into deep water, forcing the waves to jack up suddenly, making for elevator drops, right by the cliffs.
Big wave experts only as the power and deepwater hold downs are serious, keeping crowds thin on big days.
Needs a big swell to perform and longer pintails are a good idea.
Only a 15-minute walk from your accommodation. Turtles point barreling left-hander can get insane, best at low tide but gets shallow.
longest barrels up here works from 2 to solid 6 foot and depending on the swell and winds can hold bigger.
Also, you will get a wave out the front of MAMA’S losmen spot a left-hander that can deliver some magnificent surf waves but with the wrong winds can be a mess worth checking out.
Surf tour around the area
Travel Agent which organizes surf tour usually combines the three locations into one unified surf tour package begins with a pick-up in Jakarta or Bandung, If you have flexible time, it is better to spend more time in this area and found secret surf spot off course with the help of your local guide.
Another activity to surfing, you can also visit interesting places around the area, among others, waterfalls, turtles conservation, hot springs, and do not forget to taste the delicious local cuisine.
Leave a Comment
Anda harus masuk untuk berkomentar.